Casual Coding and Robotics Educators
Broader Learning is a small Newcastle based company established in 2016 to provide high quality education services and experiences to schools and students in the greater Newcastle region.
Currently we are focused on providing deeply engaging co-curricular learning programs that will introduce students to the foundation concepts of coding and robotics. Our team is young and agile with potential for new team members to be involved in more general work such as curriculum development, learning application development, and more.
We are seeking passionate individuals to join our team and help us provide fun and engaging coding and robotics lessons for K-4 students in Newcastle. Strong communication skills and a passion for teaching are core to the role.
$26.25 per hour
2 or more per week
- Be available one afternoon per week between 2:30pm and 5pm in Semester 2 2017, e.g. able to commit to every Monday or Thursday afternoon
- Travel to and from schools to deliver co-curricular lessons
- Teach and convey coding and robotics concepts in a way that is relatable and accessible to children aged 6 and up
- Manage classroom behaviour in an appropriate manner
- Represent Broader Learning in a professional manner especially in an in-school context
- Communicate effectively with students, schools, parents and other team members
A successful applicant will:
- Be passionate about teaching and helping students to learn
- Have strong, proven communication skills
- Have some experience working with students, in a school or an educational context and be willing to be coached
- Have some experience working with technology including iPads, robots, etc.
- Have a paid Working With Children Check or be willing to obtain one prior to commencing
- Have no criminal record or judgement that excludes them from working with children
- Be able to think on their feet and solve problems quickly
- Be able to maintain composure and work well in new or unfamiliar circumstances
Experience with one or more of these would be advantageous:
- Co-curricular education, tutoring or general teaching experience, especially technology related
- Classroom and behaviour management
- Learning differentiation
How to apply:
Email cover letter addressing the criteria along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis. Job details last updated Monday 24 July 2017.